Friday's Five Faves

1. Blogging Buddies.  We have an amazing support group with our blogs.  Granted, it's a clique-y, assholish group, but dammit.  It's ours.  I'm notoriously horrible at leaving comments, but I've been so impressed with the ability of strangers to offer support, encouragement, and congratulations.  I said that I was crushed that my trainer was leaving and y'all left compassion.  Thank you.

 2. Individuality.  I've seen a few posts about "writing a horse blog" pop up lately.  My favorites are those that adhere to no such guidelines.  It's your blog.  Write whatever the fuck you want to, however you want to.  This shouldn't be about getting followers or making the masses happy; it's a memoir on you and your pony and that's all I give a shit about.

Less red.  More blue.
3. Arena Lights.  Those fuckers have successfully changed my winter riding and I am so, so thankful.  This time last year, I had essentially given up riding during the weekdays because I had two tiny floodlights and no cojones.  This year, I've got lights and cojones.
Cantering a baby crossrail in the dark!
Ugh.  He's so handsome.

4. Awards.  Did the pain in my back flair up?  Yes.  Were my calves sore?  Yes.  Was it worth it?  Yes.  I dedicate this award to angry, profane music and a solid, lazy OTTB.
See my pride, here.

5. Technology.  I've talked about my Cyclemeter app a million times by now.  I love it.  I had it export an Excel report of all my stats, broken by year, from which I was able to make GRAPHS.  Swoon.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Replies
    1. LOL. Who's my opposition? TEAM EDWARD?! Yum. Shit, if the little Jacob dude had a few years...

      Delete
  2. Your blogs is one of my faves because you're one of the few that swears as much as I do. And I fucking love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit yeah, I swear as much as you! How do you ascribe good or bad to words? I said "fuck" in front of my boss once and immediately apologized. He asked what for and said I was a grown-ass woman.

      Delete
  3. #2! A-f'n-men! Love your blog lady.
    (also a believer that salty language has it's place)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I love the idea of the language being "salty", that just means I'm adding some flavor!

      Delete
  4. Haha. Love it. Also - spreadsheets for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freaking love Excel. I hated all sorts of econ and math in college, but I could do wonders with a spreadsheet.

      Delete
  5. It's you show! ;)

    Congrats on the 2 point award woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2: THANK YOU!!! I had started writing a whole blog post on that subject, but you said it so much better! Agreed: my faves are the ones that don't adhere to guidelines. Blogging is a form of self-expression. In a sense it's art. It's your own brand of creativity. If you standardize self-expression, it stops being SELF-expression.

    And congrats on your award, and the arena lights, and all the awesomeness! And I love your blog, btw. In case you hadn't noticed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I didn't write #2 to step on any toes (which I'm fabulous at doing, by the way). I just... saw a theme starting. What if there is some new blogger out there that gives up on his or her story because they read some post and they aren't following it? I agree with the idea of it being art. I pick the words and I pick the format and it's not a freaking math equation, it's me.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I love your blog too! :)

      Delete
  7. #2 - love the Venn Diagram. That's exactly how I operate, and I make it clear that I write for myself first. If someone else likes it, great, but if not, no hard feelings. Since I am a teacher and can actually get fired for what I do in my off time (no shit, really!), I keep my published language pretty clean, but if you've ever met me in person, You know that I drop the f-bomb quite frequently. It's so therapeutic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My mom is a retired teacher! I get the limitations - y'all have so much to be accountable for. And so little pay!

      You know, no one is obligated to read a single thing I write. Likewise, if I don't like a certain post, I'll skip it. I've learned so much just from other bloggers.

      Delete
  8. "Write whatever the fuck you want to, however you want to. This shouldn't be about getting followers or making the masses happy; it's a memoir on you and your pony ..."

    Fucking thankyouverymuch. Sick of that nonsense about what should and shouldn't be.

    Super jelly of those lights! I'm after my BO to get some installed in our miniscule outdoor round pen. Maybe if I succeed at that I'll request some for the barnyard where my jumps are. After that? THE WORLD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!