Barf.

Or.. "But Pizza Tastes Just As Good the Second Time!"

This is a random photo I stole.
I hope I have the same stupid smile.
Okay, so I didn't really barf.  I just felt like I needed to for about twelve hours.  Yesterday was an Insanity/run day, which, shamefully, I didn't do at all last week.  Last month, I'd been training for a 5k, so all I did were three mile runs.  Over and over again.  The next big run I've got is a 7k "mud run", so I had to up the mileage a tad.

I am stupidly excited about this run.  I've never done a mud run and I was stoked when one of the women (when did I get to the age that I stopped calling my peers "girls" and started calling them "women"?) from my soccer team asked me to do it with her.

So, anyways, back to the almost-barfing:  I did my hour of Insanity with the husband (Max Cardio Plyo, in case anyone cares) and decided I absolutely needed to go get my miles in.  I'd only burned about 450 calories doing the Insanity, so I didn't think I was wiped out or anything.  I got some water, my iPhone, and Archie's beet pulp/SmartPak mixture and headed to Lake Mayer.  And I started.  I should have known something was off when my pace was super, super sluggish, but I kept on.  I normally start a bit slow, anyways.  So I cruise, slowly, through the four and a half miles (52:59, average pace of 11:45), call the hubs and ask him to put my very special pizza in the oven.  I went by the barn, gave the Kid his happy treat (I'll have to do a special post just on my obsession with my horse's nutrients), and headed home.  By the time I got there, the pizza was ready, so I started scarfing.

It was like slow-motion.  Eat a bite.  Eyes get wide.  Swallow slowly.  This is the best pizza you'll* ever buy in the grocery store, so I wasn't going to not eat it.  I was just going to suffer the consequences and hopefully learn to give my body some down time before I shove carbs and cheesy veggie goodness into it.  Poor husband had to listen to me bitch and moan about being disgustingly sick for the rest of the night.  :)

*If you are a lacto-ovo vegetarian who shops at Publix and likes thin crust, organic pizza.  I'll admit:  I pick off all the mushrooms.

Publix GreenWise Market Organic Pizza
This is the Spinach & Feta version.  Not nearly as good,
more calories and it'll leave spinach in your teeth.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks!