Viva Carlos' Blog Hop.

What's that?  Horrible weather and no horsie fodder?


Pride
Seven great things/strengths in your riding life.
  1. I own my own horse.
  2. My husband asks absolutely no questions regarding the horse or the financing of the horse, except, "How was your ride?" Reason #4,872 as to why I love him.
  3. The horse is a freaking dreamboat.  I might be heavily biased, but I believe that he has consistently been the prettiest horse at every barn I've ever had him.  Maybe not the most willing, best trained, most athletic, sanest, blah blah blah, but damn.  He sure is pretty.
  4. Intelligence.  The horse has a fierce brain.  Sometimes, his rider does, too.
  5. Because Archie and I have been together for so long, I know all of his buttons.  And installed them.  Sure, there are only about three, but no confusion!
  6. Flexibility - let's jump a little, mosey a little on the flat, and then go wander the woods, alone or in a group.
  7. Community brain.  If I have an issue, a question, a concern, or am just seeking more information, there are about seventeen people that I can go to, ranging from friends with fancy DVM degrees to friends with better horse sense.  Or friends just willing to let me bitch.
Favoritest vet ever.

Envy
Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse
  1. Immortality - for him.
  2. Stronger joints - for him.
  3. Custom everything.
  4. A rig.
  5. Our own place.
  6. A consistent trainer. (Or natural talent... not picky!)
  7. A lighter rider.

Wrath
Seven things that make you angry
  1. When he doesn't look a fence or a bush or a tree or a ditch the first time, but rather the second or the third.
  2. The practice of breaking and racing babies.
  3. When BOs and BMs don't give a shit.
  4. Helmet-less riders.
  5. Derpinas on IG who are doing more than me and have more than me (by means of talent, exposure, or generous parents), but aren't grateful.
  6. Bailing on a senior.
  7. Negligence.
Sloth
Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on
  1. Clean.  Anything.
  2. Like:  his tack.
  3. Like:  my boots.
  4. Like:  the fancy-ass saddle pad.
  5. Like:  the blankets.
  6. Like:  the aisle after I've picked his hooves.
  7. Consistently ask for harder work.
Greed
Seven most expensive things you own for your horse/riding life
  1. The Thinline Contender II.  Thanks, hubs.
  2. The saddle, even though it was roughly the same price as the saddle pad.
  3. The Kid himself.  I still remember telling a friend what I was paying and her response, "I can get you five five-year-olds for the same price."
  4. The show clothes (three jackets, multitude of shirts, a shit ton of breeches, etc).
  5. This is hard because eBay.
Gluttony
Seven guilty pleasures or favorite items
  1. The Kid.
  2. SmartPaks.  Pretty easy to justify not getting them.
  3. Aluminum shoes.  Banking on these suckers having helped over the past seven years, even though the current farrier and vet say he can do without them.
  4. My dozen pairs or so of Tuffrider breeches.
  5. My Tipperary helmet.  
  6. My fancy-ass saddle pad.
  7. Giving the Kid his beet pulp after every ride, even if he didn't work hard.  It's a habit and it's spoiling, but it makes us happy.
..This would be my breeches shelf.
Lust
Seven things you love about horses and riding
  1. Succeeding.
  2. Camaraderie - we may have shit in common, but we can always talk horses.  
  3. The relationship I have with my horse.  I know his brain, he knows mine.  While this bites us in the ass when we both feed off of each other, normally it's golden.
  4. The sense of accomplishment.
  5. This might be controversial: that this is an exclusive sport (primarily simply by being cost-prohibitive), but I made my way in.
  6. Walking into a field and having my horse meet me half way.
  7. Being so in tune with another sentient being that I needn't ask a question, just have a thought, and the message is immediately understood.

get the InLinkz code

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Thanks!