dmb.

I like music just as much as the next person.  Okay, maybe a little less.  And maybe my tastes run towards weirder shit.  Harmonicas.  Metal.  Scream-o.  Folk bands.  Banjos and rhythm.

But the hubs loves music.  Hence the trip to NYC.  And also the reason for our mini-vacation this week.

We dropped the girls off at the kennel, ate breakfast at a little local place and proceeded to drive the easy two hours to Charleston, where we immediately went to the beach.  Then it was checking into the hotel, relaxing a little bit, and heading out to the little shopping areas downtown.

My legs blend in with the sand.
I convinced the hubs that we needed ice cream for a late lunch, since we'd be having an early dinner.  And wouldn't you know it, the distillery next door was offering a tour and tasting fifteen minutes after we got our ice cream.  I couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried.

Whipped cream, espresso, salted caramel, whiskey pecan and "Savannah Buttermint".  Amazing.


This is a rye distiller.  For whiskey.  I think.  Because it isn't as pure as vodka/rum/gin and only needs the little tuber thingy.

Shitfuck, guys.  I am a beer drinker.  Barf.
Back to the hotel to pick up the car and then a German dinner spot, a little more shopping, and the Dave Matthews Band concert.  D is a huge DMB fan.  I kinda-sorta know the songs that hit the radio.

Kasen spaetzle and a kale/quinoa burger, topped with swiss cheese, fried onions and an egg.  Delicious.

Why do my fingers look so creepy long?

That's Dave.  I'm pretty sure.
We dropped the car back off at the hotel and went to a little bar, where I taught the hubs the two steps of salsa that I know and forced him to dance with me.  He's going to find himself the victim of a groupon lesson one of these days.

The next day, we had amazing biscuits at place called Callie's Hot Little Biscuits.  Then we ventured out to all three tack stores in the area.   I was specifically looking for tall, zip-up field boots to replace mine that have died (no luck), venice turpentine for Ox (luck), and a new halter for Archie (no luck).  I also snagged a new crop, because it was $4, a used dressage girth (Lettia Coolmax, $20), some bell boots and some Sore No More Gelotion.  Then it was lunch and a drive home, during which I slept.  :)
I need another saddle like I need a hole in the head, but this little Stubben wanted to crawl into the back seat and go home with me.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Annie's dressage girth is a lettia. So far I like it. You guys go on so many fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! That ice cream tower looks like the best part though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always eat the BEST food on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say it...do you hear banjos?? I srsly want to go on vacation with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys find the best food on your vacations. I need to start a food vacation map based on your adventures so that everywhere I go, I will be prepared for noms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab weekend!
    That saddle is lush 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. That burger looks amazing. I don't even care that it's not made of meat. I want it.
    You guys travel well. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man this sounds like a great trip! You inspire me to travel and get out more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ice cream and Lush cosmetics for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must have similar music tastes... I've seen Dave too and he's really great live. Especially outdoors. The smell of pot mixes so nicely in the night time air. ;)



    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun little vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!