Transformation Tuesday

Ox has been in my life for just over six months now.  I figured this was a good point to talk about what impact the Big Orange Booty (and his retired-trainer mom) have had on my riding.  Not to mention my heart, because the ooey-gooey feelings start when I think about those two.

Third jump ever on Ox.
I'm not gonna lie and say that my eq is set.  It's not.  But I feel like I'm finally at the point where maybe I'm losing some of my bad habits, so I can start incorporating better habits.  Like my goddamn knees, in the above photo.

Big G's owner was out when I was getting a little mini lesson recently and caught some photos.  I just want to share this comparison from my Chips and Salsa post with a photo from last week.  Because I think I'm slightly less likely to die now.  Maybe.  Don't wanna jinx myself.


Here are some other notables from that jump school, again, compliments of Big G's mom:


The lattice horrifies me.






At least I'm getting sorta consistent.
And then there's this from November:
(video screen shot)

compared to this from a few weeks ago:

I know learning isn't linear (like starting at 2'6", regressing back to 2' and crawling back up to 2'6"), but I'm excited to see where the Big Orange Booty and I will be in six months.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. You look increasingly confident & secure, which is something to be proud of because JUMPING CAN BE TERRIFYING YO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of fence height, you look SO much more secure in the more recent photos! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to have media to compare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's a really impressive improvement in 6 months, especially when battling an injury and anxiety in that time frame. Go You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! He seems like a sweet guy to improve on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 this!! You and Ox look very much like a team now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it about those lattice's that's so terrifying? I do the SAME thing! Transformation photos are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys look like you're really working together now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both are looking great! You've made so much progress with Ox, you should be really proud <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look super tight and secure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys look fabulous. I want to scoop him up and put him in a flat noseband and have him take me to a hunter pace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's such a beefy boy. You guys look good over the fences, but enjoying it is the best part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!