Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Yes, that's his show name.  I've already ordered him a halter with that on the plate.  My vet called me classy.



If you haven't seen my IG or Facebook today, it's official:  Whiskey is mine.

Someone taught this horse to hug.
He had a pre-purchase this morning and passed with flying colors.  Everything was fine, he's a perfectly normal, sound horse.  In the future, he might need shoes if we're jumping a lot.  He sticked at about 16.1½ hands and looks somewhere around 12.  At the beginning of the appointment, my vet commented on how he's always liked the look of Whiskey.

I'm going to send off some samples to Texas A&M and we're going to play a little game - WTF is Whiskey?  I'll let you know when that game starts.


So if you're wondering how we got here:
  • started riding him after my miscarriage
  • owner found new owners, and I happened to be at the barn when they were leaving
  • I gave the new owners my number and asked them to give me a call if it didn't work out
  • the daughter called me the day before they were supposed to pick him up and said that he was too tall
  • I immediately called his owner and said that I was interested.  I scheduled a farrier visit and the pre-purchase exam
This carries on the tradition of pulling my horses unused from pastures, riding them a little bit, and buying them without looking at any other horses.


You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Congratulations, Beka! I'm super happy for you. If I ever make it to GA, I'd love to meet him and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's just SOOOOO cute!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! He is super cute, can't wait to see what TAMU tells you he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would you bother to look for horses!? The best ones are always the ones that just show up. So glad you ended up with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and I love the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such drama! Much suspense! So happy things all worked out in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. His show name is my favoritest ever!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I love this. I can not wait to raw more <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray!! He's a cool looking horse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, congrats! He's so cute, I love his name :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy it worked out this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS!! I am so happy it worked out! He is a cutie and I'm looking forward to seeing his face on your blog more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So freaking happy for you guys!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thrilled for you. His sweet face makes me itch for my camera. I can't wait to see more of him in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!