Stymied.

I had all intentions of getting up before the butt-crack of dawn.  Really!

I set multiple alarms and everything (sidenote:  even though I love Sleep Cycle, it isn't always the best at assuring that I'll get up - so I have to set three or four or seven additional iPhone alarms).  Without going into too many details, I didn't get the best sleep last night for one of the best reasons.  *ahem*

I did manage to clean a litter box and gather up some riding clothes before work today, though.  At some point, I've got to buy some gauze pads.  After tonight, maybe.  So, I'll haul ass home again tonight and then let the girls pee, change, and run to the barn.  We'll try what L. Williams recommended and do some "suppling circles" in the spiral of lamp light.  Oh, yes.  I took a picture of the light provided by the barn.

And I've got the map from our twelve-minute ride the other night.  I'm not sure why I thought this would interest anyone else, but I thought it was pretty neat.  It's the same program that I use for running and cycling, called Cycle Meter.  And, I can share all my exercise data.  Want to see the last ride's map and brief data?  Here. Want to see the route I ran for the half-marathon (page has been update!)?  Here.  God, I love technology.

Last night, we went to the gym.  I'm not sure why I was so grumpy, but after the first few reps, I didn't want to be there any more.  D's really getting into it and starting to pump some significant, to me, weight.  I.. am not.  I also had my first-ever 5 Hour Energy drink.  If anything, I think it made me more tired.  I yawned and yawned and almost fell asleep on the couch, with kittens all around me.

Kittens go tomorrow.  I've got a secret evil plan to try to ride before I take them, because they won't get dropped off until about 9:00 am.  Whenever I get a little down about missing their little furry faces, I just remind myself that a cat is at least a fifteen year commitment.  Do I want six cats for the next fifteen to twenty years?  Hell no.  Four is toeing the line with hoarding.  Thank god I'm married or I'd be a cat lady.  (When I get a barn, I plan on domesticating bobcats to be my "barn cats."  I don't really believe in outdoor kitties, so I think bobcats have a better likelihood of living a longer time.)  (I'm also not sure that this plan is legal.  So don't quote me.)

After the gym, we gave the Archer his beet pulp.  I made husband get out of the car and take pictures.  You might think I'm neurotic for still having his fly boots on.  You're right.  I am.  But I swear to god that there are still flies in the day time.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Circle of Death diagram here: http://suenostomanvuelo.blogspot.com/2011/09/day-10-five-of-your-favorite-jumping.html

    It was a short 3 even 3 stride.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!