Hurricane Holidays

On Thursday, my city shut down.  The forecast called for a hurricane to strike some time Friday morning and so (my) work was cancelled and people were freaking out.  I went to the gym and purse shopping.  And got alcohol.  As you do, you know.

At about three-thirty Friday morning, our three cell phones (one biz, one personal, one biz/personal) went off simultaneously with a tornado warning.  Tornadoes are fucking horrifying.  Tornadoes and hurricanes combined?  I stared at the ceiling for half an hour battling a panic attack and thinking about Archie being lifted into the air like the cow on Twister.

Unfortunately, D actually had to go to work on Friday.  Our jobs have different business models.  Fortunately, the hurricane deescalated back to a tropical storm by the time it hit us and we survived with just a few fallen branches and a lawn covered in spanish moss.  We only lost power a few times, coincidentally only after I'd reset the clocks.




Saturday, we dropped the girls off at the nearly-powerless kennel and headed up to Atlanta for the Georgia game.  We stopped in at a German restaurant for lunch, where D relived his Oktoberfest days.  Then it was meeting my dad and his girlfriend for the pre-game festivities.  The game itself was phenomenal and exciting and UGA fought for that win.







Sunday morning, we went to my favorite store and bought a whole bunch of unnecessary things, including a cart for me to use at the barn.  If this thing works out well, I'll review it and link it.  I currently use one for my metal stuff and it's brilliant.



Then it was driving to Athens, getting greasy pizza for lunch and heading to our favorite brewery.  Many drinks were had, followed by a nice nap at a weird hotel.  Then it was back out for dinner and watching a drag performance for Gay Pride.  We did a little shopping before leaving Athens on Monday and swung through Augusta for more pizza and beer.  I have a tiny addiction.  Then picking the best bitches up and relaxing at home.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. busy busy! and sounds like a blast! esp since the hurricane ended up being fairly mild for you - what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always on the go dude. Ps you will be in TN soon... So there's that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, I'm so glad the hurricane & tornado didn't happen. I too visualise that cow scene of horror from twister 😢

    Mmmm tasty Bretzle & Spätzle (is that what it is?), yay for gun sports games and awesome weekends spent in fab fun ways

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tornado AND a hurricane? I'm glad everything was OK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yall always seem to have The Most Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tornado-cane! I'm glad you had a fun weekend without all the awful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a potentially awful weekend turned wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you survived... rainbows and beer fix everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tornadoes, hurricanes, beer, football, and drag queens. 'Merica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore your life style. Adding some of the things you did (in different locations) to my to-do list! You are seriously so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!