Personality Plus

Or, "My Horse is an Asshole."

I forgot how the kid gets when he isn't worked hard and frequently.  He had Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off.  And without knowing if he has ringbone, if I should even be riding him right now, I had to conservatively get in the saddle today.  It made me think of when I broke my tailbone and I couldn't stay off him for the full six weeks.  It was like that.

My intentions were to just walk him in either direction for about ten minutes.  If I felt jarring steps, dismount and call it a day.  What I didn't plan for was the Archman to approach the "riding pasture" breathing fire and high as a kite.  He was a Chinese Dragon.  Dance this way, stop!  Snort and dance that way.

He spooked twice.  And ruined my plans to just walk him, because I immediately demanded that he canter.  I have to say, though, that he picked up those leads beautifully and gave me a very nice, balanced canter in both directions.  After that, his demons were exorcised and we were able to continue walking calmly.  Yay, horses!


In other news, my husband got me Photoshop Elements 10.  I've been using Photoshop for a while now and completely disregarded Elements.  I was goofing on some blog where someone said something about, started googling, found that it was geared more towards the photographer in me.  I used Photoshop for some photography edits, but it was a giant pain in the ass.  I also fucked around with it, doing some embarrassing compositions of my friends.  So, yeah.  New software makes me happy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks!