Boarder 2.0

I guess, technically, it would be "Boarder 4.0", since I was actually the second boarder BO ever had.

BO came to me the other day with a fantastical story.  The top show barn in the middle of the city was having problems (is having?).  From what BO said, their pasture is actually a former landfill.  I haven't been back there, I have no idea, the place is completely out of my budget.  To continue this story:  a woman's horse received a laceration from something encountered in the former-landfill-now-pasture.  Ultimately, the horse had to be euthanized.  And this is where the story gets foggier.

I couldn't tell who actually owned the euthanized horse, but the result was that a trainer was looking for new boarding facilities for her string of six.  Then somehow this string of six became two horses.  And, now, according to the text I received this morning, it's one horse.  Maybe the other five belonged to clients?

BO told me that I would love this trainer.  I'm working my mental damnedest to keep an open mind.  I've been lamenting my lack of a trainer and here comes one, essentially dropped into my lap.  Conversely, I'm an antisocial bitch who has seriously enjoyed her seclusion.  I'm trying hard not to envision small hands grabbing Archie or my stuff wandering off (seriously, I've never ever had a problem with that at any of the barns I've been at).  This should come as no shocker to anyone who's been reading for any length of time, but coupled with my snark that we all love is a serious negative streak.  I can be positive about myself, but less so for outside things.  So, yeah, Brain, let's welcome this person with open arms.  Archie will be working hard enough on our behalf to kill the newcomer, so it's the least I can do.

Side note:  one red flag:  according to BO, she plans on continuing her lesson program with her sole horse and Skinny Guy.  As I said to L about it, I have to question anyone who looks at Skinny Guy and thinks he'd be appropriate to use for a lesson program.

As far as my own riding goes, I got in less than ten minutes last night.  It was a quick partial brush down, hoof-cleaning and hop on bareback.  D and I had dinner plans.

Okay, in this photo, it looks less big.  But I swear it was still big.

Ballsiest raccoon I've ever seen.
BO rescued two kittens and has determined that they will be barn cats.  Meow.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Very interesting story. I would say definitely watch her teach before you decide either way. It may be a very good thing (or bad) that is dropping into your lap. :) Has said trainer seen "Skinny Guy" yet still wants to use him, or did BO just talk him up to her and she 'thinks' she wants to use him? Meower is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, she's seen him! She came out to the barn and viewed it and still thinks she can 1) give lessons here (on par with a show barn?!) and 2) use Skinny Guy. But, yeah, I'll definitely watch her before I use her. Talking to her should almost be enough to determine how good she is.

      Delete
    2. Wow. :O Please keep us informed with this sitch.

      Delete
  2. The kittens, the kittens! Though seriously, I hope everything goes okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate everyone. Archie would probably be moving into my garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that an option? You could train him, too. And then I could have a less psychotic horse by the time I buy acreage.

      Delete
  4. Aye... hope it all works out for good and not bad. Agree that anyone who wants to use Skinny Guy needs their eyes checked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! He's so skinny! BO probably barely tips the scale at 100, fully dressed and soaking wet.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure it will work out. Cutting on something from a landfill is an interesting story indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one crazy story. I hope it works out! Another perk of this woman teaching, whether you train with her or not is....maybe she'll have more jumps made/brought to your barn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather she brought a chainsaw and a weed wacker! :)

      Delete

Thanks!