Reader & Goals

Okay, we all know that Google Reader is biting the big one.  I've perused some of the other reader options and haven't found anything that really, really suits my fancy.

Except one.  And I'm not even sure how to use it in a reader format.  So who's using Pearltrees and is it functional as a reader?  (If you're a quiet stalker, I promise that I won't ask any other questions of you.)

And I've been thinking about goals.  Because my pony tried to kill me and workouts are getting stagnant and I want a fucking Master's degree, but I don't want to study anything.

Summer Goals

Horse
  • Canter the length of the dirt road without dying.
  • Jump something other than a stinkin' crossrail.
  • Continue improving his fitness with the goal of preparing very well for winter.
  • Try to find someone willing to come out to BFE (military term, google it) and give the Kid and me some lessons.
Body
  • Get back into running consistently.  No excuses.
  • Decrease body fat while increasing lean muscle.  (Lift some weights and stop eating extra crap.)
  • Practice some soccer drills with the husband - this should include not tripping people and not pushing people and neither scratching nor punching people.
  • Keep going to yoga.
Mind
  • Learn some legitimate HTML, beyond what I can easily google.  (Interested in this, too?  Try here.)
  • Devote some time to photographing some kids that aren't mine and aren't available for adoption.  
  • Start the process of learning German and brush up on my French.  There are apps for this!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. I feel like I'm behind the times. I don't use a reader thingy ma jiggy. Just my Blog Roll thing. Am I really missing out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. You're horribly behind. OMG. :)

      Actually, I did the same thing before I realized about Google reader, but you needn't worry about it now since it's dying. I might go back to that method because I like looking at my blog.

      Delete
  2. <3 you. Wish I was coming to Sav'h to help with dis shit! Blergh, mire through right (also needing to learn how to play sports with out Irish rules.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm.. Irish rules being my propensity to hurt people? Yeah, I _really_ need to work on that. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in denial about blogger going away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean reader. Blogger is here to stay! (Hopefully.)

      Delete
    2. haha yeah reader... aye im tired! :)

      Delete
  4. Gret goals! The easiest way for me to learn html is just to make websites... so that's what I usually do. You could make a photography portfolio site and kill two birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.

      You mean, like this?

      www.twoblackdogsphotography.com

      Delete
  5. I use pearltreees and it works... there's a lot of stupid clicking and sometimes it doesn't do what I think I'm asking it to do (for instance, I want to open a pearl but if I move my mouse at all it instead thinks I want to move it the pearl and that really frustrates me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try it more some time! I confused the snot out of me!

      Delete
  6. Wait blogger is going away? :/ no!!!

    I never used a reader. I just have a set of links for all of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Is this how rumors start? *Blogger* isn't going away. *Google Reader* is going away. If you don't use it, no worry!

      Delete
    2. ahhh no i just can't type Hillary.. should say reader not blogger lol!

      Delete
    3. You rumor starter you... ;)

      Delete
  7. It costs about $25 at Home Depot for the wood that you would need to build 2 simple standards, including 2 PVC pipes for poles. I did it at our little barn in South FL, of course with the help of the hubs and our token male boarder (gotta put those men to work!) We made them similar to this (but off of sketches I made), with the holes drilled 4" apart along the standards: http://www.horsechannel.com/horse-exclusives/building-jump-standards.aspx
    I've seen them even simpler than that. Chicks Saddlery has jump cups for $2.99: http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/JC223
    Even if you didn't want to make more jumps, you could add rails to the one set of standards with PVC pipe and extra jump cups. :)
    PVC pipes and cinder blocks make some awesome cavalletti, too. (Can you tell I had to get creative?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!