One Week




We got new boots. 

We rode scary trails. 

We were adorable. 

We got our face eaten. 



We jumped a line of cross rails and a cavaletti. 

We ate out of a bucket with our name. 



Mom went on a date with her hot husband. 



And we met our match. 

Seriously, thanks for the humility, Arch. This black water ditch kicked our asses. I dismounted and tried every method I could think of for getting him across, but finally felt that if I pushed any more, all faith the Kid has in me would be lost. 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. :/ Unfortunately I know how you feel. Mine wasn't with a black water ditch but it was with water. Luckily I was with a group cross country schooling and the braver horses led Hue into the pool of death as he saw it. After that he was brave as can be and now he's the trail blazer normally.

    Is there any way that one day someone might be able to explore with you and help him get a little more secure with the idea of crossing it?

    Otherwise your week sounds like it was superb! :) I am glad that you seem to be as happy at your new farm as I am at mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love this place! But yeah, a lead would help. I tried cookies, I tried persuasion, I tried a whip, and I tried lunging over. No bueno. But, he's not the first horse there who adamantly refused to cross it, so I don't feel too bad. Just a little bad. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww Archie, you gotta do the water ditch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Where'd our amazing streak of awesomeness go?!

      Delete
  3. Love all the pics! Sorry the ditch was a pain.. come on Archie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Archie, get your butt over that ditch! There aren't any monsters waiting to drag you down ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!