Rum & Running

I took the alcohol suggestion under advisement.

Yum.
When I checked the Kid yesterday, the swelling was mostly gone.  If you hadn't known to look at his fetlock, I don't think it would be noticeable.  Which is freaking awesome.  So, instead of wrapping it another night in the poultice, I applied a Vetrolin Liniment.  I purchased this one when I was going through Jacksonville for the Muse concert, but figured that at 4% menthol, it was too strong for regular use.  But absolutely perfect for injury treatment, as it's also got MSM and HA (can those even be absorbed topically?).
On Amazon here.




Tonight, as long as things are still improving, I'll probably just apply more Vetrolin.  In the field.  With cookies.  And then I'll scamper off and leave the Kid alone.

Houston, we have other problems.
Thankfully, farrier comes Thursday!
I ran a mile on the treadmill the other day.  And now that the little heat wave has passed (yesterday was so lovely, it killed me not to ride), I want to go run.  And run.  And run.  The marathon/half-marathon that I ran last year is coming up and that seems like the running spirit has struck everyone.  There were a ton of people jogging about the neighborhood last night.

This weekend, the in-laws are coming back.  Something about fixing something, blah blah blah, but I should have picked up on the clues when my husband started fanatically cleaning the kitchen cabinets and talking about his to-do list.  I'm not sleeping well, my kids have been sick, I'm just grumpy... this is the perfect time for (his) family to visit.
A gratuitous picture of Lizzie Borden.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. you can run away to cali and take a break from your children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then I'd be thinking about them!

      Delete
    2. Yes come to cali... I'm going to visit in a few days--- Blogger Party! ;)

      I actually use that liniment (or used to) after hard works. Now I stick with SNM.

      Delete
  2. Wow, well done on the bell boot, Archie! Even Bobby hasn't eaten his Centaurs yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, right? He did this at the same time that he blew up his leg. BM asked if I bought new bell boots when I got the poultice. Derp.

      Delete
  3. I use liniment after about every 2nd or 3rd ride. I just use it on his sore areas though (aka fusing hocks).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Mineral Ice on his back and hammies when we've worked a lot, but the percentage of menthol in that is less (2%) than the Vetrolin (4%).

      Delete
  4. Glad Archie's leg is doing better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Archie is better! This is why Alex wears pull on bells... he ate the others :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had him in pull-ons for a really long time, but he started getting sores. :(

      Delete

Thanks!