Giant Dork.

Okay, so one of the many things that my darling husband is responsible for in our relationship is providing his dear wifey with new music.  Otherwise, I'd listen to the same shit day in and day out until my ears bled.

I hand him my little 4 gb turtle thumbdrive and he gives it back, laden with things he thinks I'll like or that I've ponderously requested.  And I upload and listen and send telepathic question marks in his direction.

So, this most recent foray into discovery involved a cd by Linkin Park.  I derp what?  I haven't heard of Linkin Park in years.  But I remember having vaguely appreciated the screaming/singing.  Anyways, the new cd is great and sounds like the love child from Muse.

Where am I going with this, on my little life-of-a-horsewoman blog?

I have iTunes loaded on my work computer because everything else is blocked.  And I'm an Apple whore.  I add a station for Linkin Park and spend several hours listening to it in the background.  A song comes on that I instantly love.

Here's why:

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name.
That just makes me think ponies.  And athletics.  And life.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love that song too!! I hack to it all the time, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I haven't listened to them in dayyys either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles does something very similar for me! Otherwise I'd still be listening to Alannis Morrissette and the GooGoo Dolls...LOL That's one of my favorite Linkin Park songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that as my ringtone off and on forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can sing nearly the whole song from memory;)

      Delete
  5. I love that Linkin Park song with Jay Z...so badass

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!