Legs For Days.

I was really fortunate that the weather was so shitty last week, because the cold rain only seemed to help with Archie's cellulitis. Woo. By Wednesday of last week, the only heat was in the fugly sore on the front of his leg. After that, his leg started revealing more of its normal definition and by the weekend, I would say that all swelling had subsided.


I told the vet that I planned to stop buting and hosing on Friday of last week and he gave me his blessing. I also verified that I should leave the fugly part open and dry, which he was pretty adamant about. So now we just handwalk.  A lot.  He should finish his antibiotics either today or tomorrow.  And then I just continue waiting.

"I am becoming a horrible shit."

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hurray for finding a positive in the cold weather? Glad his leg is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close!! Not jinxing it. Glad that this saga is coming to an end, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nature's cold hosing :) Hope you're all in the clear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a light that never goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally rain & cold weather has its uses.
    Fingers crossed for Co tinted improvements *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid fat finger typo not Co tinted *continued

      Delete
  6. Hope he continues feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed the fugly soon turns to fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh what an ordeal. Glad that the shitty weather is helping though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least we have both moved on to being hand walkers? What's our next move?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be happy to send you snow too if you think that would help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Carly. Happy to send this crap your way if you want more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naturrrrrrre for the win for ONCE this winter.

    checkmark115

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad he continues to make progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had cellulitis in MY leg a few months back and I was on crutches for weeks! Glad he's doing better now :3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!