Storms, Saddle and Soup.

Today is the second day in a row that I've gotten up to rain.

I don't mind rain.  I don't mind thunder or wind or lightening.

I do mind when my almost-ten-year-old super intelligent dog refuses to use the yard during her last walk of the evening and then wakes me up at one in the morning because she absolutely has to go and it's still raining.  I need to invest in little booties and a rain coat because she doesn't like to get her paws wet.

Fortunately, though, I was actually able to sleep last night.

I don't have any fancy horse news or anything.  I can't take photos in the rain.  I can't do much in the rain, actually.

So, other stuff:  we should hear something today about that thing I briefly mentioned yesterday that I'm too anxious to really talk about and we're pretty much on pins and needles.  Yello, stress.  Yesterday was mostly a fog and I'm not sure that I remember much about it, what with the anxiety and the insomnia.  Today is light years removed from yesterday.

I put my Wintec saddle on Craig's List for $200 and got a reply yesterday.  We emailed back and forth about the saddle and she asked intelligent questions and I did my best to answer them.  The hardest was "why are you selling it".  Initially, yeah, selling it because the Stubben fits Archie better.  But I would have held on to it after that because you never know when you might need an all-weather close contact adjustable saddle.  Amirite?  It was that one post-Stubben ride I did where it felt like needles were stabbing my ass bone that made me decide to sell it - so that's what I told her.  I also said that it was missing a screw and the stirrup pads.  ....And she hasn't replied since.


Any other saddle-selling suggestions?  Replace the pads, replace the screw, try again?

Oh!  Oh!  Just got an email from her!  And she lives in the middle of no where but would like to try the saddle out.  I'm a responsible horseperson - I'm all about making sure this shit fits the horse.  So, now I need to figure out when I can drive to BFE.

And, finally, here's a picture/recipe of something I made last week and have continued to eat this week (I froze it, it defrosts great).


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. You could try Ebay. I sold my old as shit Hampton classic on Ebay and it went well (other than figuring out shipping...I found UPS to be cheapest and got packing stuff at Office Depot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, great idea! I actually bought the saddle from eBay!

      :)

      Delete
  2. The recipe looks good. Only thing with eBay is the relatively high seller fees. I just sold an edgewood for $300 and I will end up paying 30-5 dollars in fees when it's all said and done :/ good luck selling it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I don't really use eBay all that much anymore (my husband used to and stopped), so I had no idea the fees were that bad. That blows!

      Delete
  3. I laughed at what you said to her. And then thought "well no wonder she didn't write back...". I'm glad she did though!

    Keep us posted on that thing. That needn't be mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to practice my latent Lamaze breathing skills in regards to That Thing. Hee hee hooooo.

      And yeah, I'm surprised she stayed interested!

      Delete
  4. I make a soup that is very similar in the crock pot! 1 can of red beans, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of pinto beans, 1 can of corn, I jar of salsa, 2 chicken breasts, rice, chicken stalk and water.... DELISH and so easy :)

    I will have to add bell peppers and onions that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that really is similar! You know, I should have thought about using a vegetable broth instead of water! I thought about tossing in some quinoa (like the rice), but thought the beans and tofu had enough protein. Sounds tasty!

      Delete

Thanks!