Supporting the Economy

I love Etsy.  Like, a whole lot.  I get that it's been taken over by Chinese manufacturers, but when you can find a genuine artist, you've struck gold.

Before I left work yesterday, I was looking at a search I'd done on Etsy for "custom logo".  I just wanted to get price quotes.  I knew roughly what I wanted, but I also knew that it would take me FOR EVER to do it myself in photoshop.  And, you know, sometimes it's best to leave stuff to people who actually know what they're doing.

I found this shop!

The premise:  for $5, this guy will spend about five minutes making a logo for you.  You tell him what you want it to say and any particulars (which he may or may not use).  I bought two logos (a whopping $10).  I ask for the one for this site to say "The Owls Approve."  I told him that I liked blue and purple and that it was for a horse blog, in case that sparked any creativity.  Twenty-four hours later, I had this:

Tell me that's not stinking awesome.  If you're looking for a logo and you're flexible, go show this guy some love.  My second logo is a bit more complex and I'm still waiting on it to be emailed, but I'll certainly share it.  I told the guy I was hoping to use it as a watermark for my photography, particularly with the Humane Society.

Other stuff?  We're all set to leave for Orlando in all of.. eight and a half hours.  Since then, it's rained nonstop, I've taken photos at the Humane Society, worked out at the gym, successfully sold my old Canon (for asking price, again!) (I tried to make friends.  May have been creepier than I meant to be.), dropped the dogs off at boarding (Savannah is BACK ON ANTIBIOTICS, DAMMIT!), and came home to a limping kitten.  It's weight bearing, so we're not worrying about it unless he's still limping when we get back.  I think he just landed poorly.

With the sale of the Canon, this trip will be a lot more enjoyable.  I now have a budget for the tack store in Jacksonville. Woo!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Awesome! Hopefully Sav and Kitty are better when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought up Achilles limping last night at the concert and I swear that D was going to murder me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so proud and I had nothing do with it! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so intrigued and want to get one but I have NO purpose for a logo... hmmm... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see a little "My Little Pony" esque bay horse jumping a crown. :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Julie.. I want one but have no use for it lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!