Only the Good Die Young.

Today was one of the most fucked up days in our marriage.

While I was at the barn meeting the new border and D was outside the house, mowing the lawn, my dogs, Scarlette and Savannah, killed Aphrodite.

First, there's the overwhelming emotion of loss.  Second, there's the guilt.  The fucking guilt.  And, finally, shame and disgust and utter abandon and hatred that something I love and raised could kill something else I love.

Rest in Peace, Little Girl.  We fucking failed you.




October 13, 2012






















































You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Oh no :( Sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awful, I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you feel. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hard thing to go through. I am so, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry. I can't imagine. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this happen with other pets in the past. :( i think having one pet kill another is worse than having to go through the whole ordeal of euthanasia. I'm so sorry, Beka. Aphrodite was a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwe, so sad, I am so sorry, Beka!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!