Blown?

Archie seems pretty damn close to sound.

I mean, as sound as a recently-barefooted gimpy horse can be.

This is my stall.
This is my hay.
I made him trot in a little circle on the grass last night.  He was short-strided on the front end, but it was bilateral.  That tells me that both feet hurt equally, which I'm chalking up to the recently pulled shoes.  I still plan on following the vet's instructions to continue treatment for 5-7 days.

What is Archie's favorite thing in life?
Food.
D and I are taking our first honest-to-god vacation, complete with boarding dogs and a hotel room, since... my birthday?  In October?  I don't want to give anyway any spoilers, but I wanted to do something so we built a trip around my intentions.  You will all get the massive pleasure of being clued in ...prolly Saturday.

BM has kindly agreed to take over the four treatments that I'll miss while on vacation.  When I think of it like that, it doesn't seem nearly long enough!

Until I leave, though, I've been counting down based on the number of soakings.  Two soakings.  Two more soakings until alcohol and adventure.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I have boots really similar to that!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Tractor Supply! One day, I'll have some fancy Wellingtons, too...... And maybe I'll channel my inner you and get those bitches monogrammed!

      Delete
    2. mine are navy with hot pink and baby blue horses on them. Monogramming is a genius idea...

      Delete
  2. Are you dressed up in those boot pics? I used to dash out to soak during hour and rock a similar look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I wish I were that smooth. I end up with the icthammol on some part of my person, so I change everything but footwear prior to leaving. BO doesn't like us barefoot, which I can (attempt to) respect.

      Delete
  3. YOU ARE COMING TO VISIT ME???!1?!?!?1 Oh happy day!v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting about the upcoming vacation! We are taking ours over Thanksgiving and I CANNOT WAIT. It's been way too long. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a new tattoo on the horizon?! ☺
    Exciting times ahead whatever you're at. Love your h annelid #barnyardchic with the boots & skirt. I tried and failed to rock a similar look a few weeks back when vet visit coincided with my lunch break from work.
    Photo shared on insta if curious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - meant to say...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
      Have a blast - you've earned it.

      Delete
  6. Yay! Happy vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!