TOABH: I'm A Loser, Baby.


I'm A Loser, Baby
Let's talk about your horse's biggest fail.  What did Thunderhooves do that embarrassed you, scared you, shocked you or just annoyed the hell out of you?

I'm tempted to write, "Got kicked."  Because this is a pain in the ass.

I have a couple small ones:  when I was riding on the dirt road, bareback, and our former BO came cantering towards us.  Archie lost his shit and spun around and I had to do an emergency dismount midst his spins.  

And then, again, when we were on that trail ride from hell and he couldn't handle walking or trotting and I felt dismounting was absolutely necessary.  Like if I didn't dismount, I ran the risk of being thrown.  Falling wasn't my biggest fear - my horse galloping through the woods, the parking lot, through traffic, getting hit by a car, busting his ass on tarmac.  


And, finally, when the fucker wouldn't get on a trailer at the second show we did.  And everyone was watching and came over and felt it necessary to offer assistance and opinions.  Woot.  Yes, I had the horse with crappy manners.

To read more of our various fails, go here.


get the InLinkz code

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I HATE it when people come and try to help... Because it just stresses everyone out especially the horse. What is a huge group of people whooping and yelling at the horse going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horses heart keeping us humble (sorry ima sucker for aliteration/eliteration {i also have no idea how to spell that word sorry} all the hs make me happy)
    #sorrynotsorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. My horse is an awful loader, so I am well acquainted with the crowd that watches the whole ordeal. They sure do make the whole mess a lot more frustrating and stressful for both the horse and handler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many losers moments it's hard to know which one to pick haha! I love the "helpers" when you are having issues loading etc. So helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome lol! I'll have to think on it a while. I have several posts queued so it might be a few days before I get it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oy - Archie.... that is NOT the way we want to draw a crowd!!! great topic tho - can think of a few fitting things too lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the party, but I just did this post too:
    http://harnessphoto.blogspot.com/2015/01/toabh-im-loser-baby.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!