TOABH: Fave.


Fave.
What is your horse's absolute favorite thing?  Outside of riding!  Are there treats that instantly convert your pony into an addict or liniments that leave him yawning and chewing?  What does your horse just love to have?

Okay, so the fat kid loves food.  Hands down.  And beer.  But.....

I think his secret passion is for head scritches.  I joke that it's because no one will groom with him (giant asshole syndrome - same reason people won't tell me my fly is down or my eyeliner has smeared across my forehead).  For whatever reason, Archie loves to have his forehead rubbed.  You don't even have to do anything, he'll just bob his head up and down if you hold your hand out.  


And if you don't hold your hand out, he'll use your shoulder or back or whatever's available.  

Now, I realize that this can be construed as bad manners.  Some people don't want their horses rubbing on them and potentially pushing them over.  I just don't give a shit.  :)





get the InLinkz code

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Ha, cute! I also find it endearing when B rubs her head on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute!! I don't like for horses to rub their heads on me because it hurts!! I'm a wimp and I bruise easy, so the halter, bridle, bit, etc. just hurts me too much to let them do it... so I don't. Thanks for the blog hop! Looking forward to getting my next post up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashke does the same thing with me and I don't give a crap either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when my girls do that as i can tell they enjoy it so that makes me feel good to be able to do something they enjoy.
    I am a bit awkward and we only do head script he's when I hold my hands up, never with tack on and very rarely can they use my arm or back...I am not a tree standing there for them to bowl over - downside to my weighing 1/10th of their weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops #fatfingertypo supposed to say "i am a bit awkward and we only do head scritches when I hold..."

      Delete
  5. Hey, I think it is cute. If that counts lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaahh he's so adorable!! i love horses who are into head scratches... my mare is much too princess-y to allow commoners like me to touch her face lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!